Indecisive Mind

Finally. After months of putting off creating a blog, and because of the heartless nature of exams, my countless posts begin! (Yay) I remem...

Finally. After months of putting off creating a blog, and because of the heartless nature of exams, my countless posts begin! (Yay) I remembered having a blog back when I was 11, and used to write some amateur poetry or stories that seemed completely superficial; when writing and expressing yourself seemed effortless and genuine. But hey, the beauty of young minds eh? And now, after years of ageing, (18 is a rough age haha), my mind has leaned towards the spectrum of indecisiveness


Its common, I'm sure. But its something where I tell myself, "its so simple, just pick one!", or about what I should title my blog (which took me 2hrs to decide, and it didn't help that so many of the names I wanted was already taken grr). I think for the indecisive minded people, we think, we read into things, more than we really need to. If I listed all the scenarios or situations where I've been indecisive, well... yea let's not go there. 


So when I was faced with my epiphany at 3am last night, 'Bolded Moments' was the product. Having the theme of my blog in the back of my mind, I thought this would be appropriate. For those who know me, I love taking photos, instagramming, writing, expressing, appreciate lyrics, finding beauty in God's creation, you name it. Capturing a moment is probably one of the most beautiful things, physically and metaphorically. Professor Daniel Kahneman, Psychologist and Nobel Prize winner, made a video about 'The Instagram Generation' and how it is viewed as an anticipated memory. I love some of the comments he made, reiterating how we view and hold some of the experiences in our life; whether its to remember, or to forget.


"Be happy for this moment, for this moment is your life. All you’re going to have left is how you choose to remember this moment. So you’re given a pen, you’re given a chance to decide how this moment will be remembered. We all became artists, we all become architects of our mental narratives of our historical digital paper trail."


So for the experiences and moments that meant something to you, remember it. Cherish it. Appreciate it. Bold it

You Might Also Like

0 comments