Mandatory Market Visits

So I might have a personal attachment to the Glebe Markets in Sydney. The atmosphere is always bustling with chatter, live music, the smell...

So I might have a personal attachment to the Glebe Markets in Sydney. The atmosphere is always bustling with chatter, live music, the smell of tandoori chicken kebabs radiating off the grills; oh its lovely. And another bonus, its right outside the vicinity of my university. So usually after my touch football trainings on Saturday mornings, I pop by to the markets just to breathe in the eclectic mix of stalls which touch on both contemporary and vintage products. I notice that each stall holds its authenticity and uniqueness which simply adds to the ambience, giving off these dynamic vibes I find absolutely charming. 



The stallholders in Glebe are particularly friendly, especially the regular stallholders who faithfully set up their stalls every week to sell their goods, which I can tell they are passionate about.


Talking from experience, setting up a stall at Glebe is not child's play; its arduous and definitely takes time and effort. My friends and I decided to rent a stall to get rid of our 'pre-loved' possessions about half a year ago. We were buzzing with enthusiasm; until it was forecasted to rain on the Saturday our stall was supposed to set up. Thankfully, one of my friends brought a gazebo to shelter us from the rain if it did come, and that in itself was an absolute pain to set up. In the end, there was only a slight drizzle which passed along with our energy. Entertaining and tending to the customers required hours of standing, smiling from ear to ear, or picking up the clothes that fell off the hangers; all whilst trying to actually sell your products. The feeling when someone says, "alright I'll get this" is honestly music to the ears after countless unsuccessful attempts where people just politely give you a faint smile and move on to other stalls. It felt like I was closing a court case, reiterating how I thought what our customers were browsing through or looking at was what they needed to buy. Its a pretty competitive arena.  But without pretence, the experience was irrefutably worthwhile and rewarding. Spending time with my close friends, laughing at our impotent attempts at fixing the gazebo, the constant checking of our sales so far, all add to the experience which hold absolutely no regrets. 


It was all smiles :)

Oh and on a side note, one thing is for sure; my love for vintage items and necklaces/bracelets with charms is not 'just a phase'.

 

And here is my shameless #ootd:


Goodnight people of the internet <3


You Might Also Like

0 comments