Unfamiliar Ground

Its 2015, what?!  2014 was unpredictable yet filled with expectations. Maybe a bit too many expectations. I would like to say I did all I ...

Its 2015, what?! 

2014 was unpredictable yet filled with expectations. Maybe a bit too many expectations. I would like to say I did all I wanted to in order for accomplishment, change, or fulfilment to take place, but I don't think that would be sincere. A few regrets, bumps along the road, battles between heart and mind... but I believe there's God's grace in every mistake; its just a matter of acknowledging it.


All personal shenanigans aside, 2014 ended exuberantly with my placement on unfamiliar ground. I had the privilege to travel with my family, enabling us to expand our restricted view of God's creations. It was exciting yet draining, covering almost all of Taiwan in 10 days, as well as leaving our mark in Hong Kong for a couple of days. (P.s. photos can be found under the 'Photography' tab in the 'Travel' link!) 


There were numerous things I learnt about culture, as well as being unable to fathom the beauty and charm each country possesses. Diving into a new environment without expectations elicits so much excitement for what our eyes will see and how our fresh minds, free of preconceptions, will interpret these messages. 


There is so much beauty in not knowing and not expecting; maybe its because I love surprises, or maybe its because life is filled with unexpected ghosts ready to wrap themselves around our plans. Those unexpected ghosts might not exactly be a bad thing as it teaches you how to let go, move on, be independent, and love yourself. I guess the phrase 'everything happens for a reason' is something I live by because there is so much truth in it. There is absolutely no point dwelling in past misfortunes, or current setbacks. I know its easier said than done, but don't let these ghosts consume you to the point where you come to the conclusion that 'life is meaningless now.'


I think that is something everyone can take into this new year. Its always great to start your year of right, clean, free from your ghosts which held you down before. If you can't get rid of those ghosts, try acknowledging them. They're disguised as something greater than you but truth be told, your mind is capable of so much more if you go into situations without putting expectations on yourself. So much beauty and appreciation for life will be revealed for your ready mind to absorb. I'm sure there are innumerable amounts of people who have been witnesses to these charms life has presented to us on a silver platter, disguised so delicately yet screaming allurement.  




I can safely say I am amongst that innumerable amount of people.


You Might Also Like

0 comments